Monday, May 29, 2006

Long Weekend

As usual I didn't get as much done as I would have liked this weekend, but did make some progress on a few fronts.

I researched and sent out interview questions to four people for www.b-movie.com's DARK GALLERY. Have one response back so far and one from earlier in the month. Hope to get at least 2 if not 4 more sets of questions sent out tonight or tomorrow.

I designed a Dr. Squid ad for THE BONSETTER comic book that Brett Kelly is self-publishing this summmer.

Made some VHS dubs of Zombie Love Slave. Hope to package up tonight so I can mail them tomorrow.

I worked on the mummy head for DR. PUDDING'S MONSTER FILES. Basically built-up the area around a few spots where I will use white elastic to attach the jaw to the head. It will all be covered with "mummy wrappings" so I don't need to worry about hiding the elastic. Hope to glue on a bunch of peanuts or something for the teeth tonight...

Almost done with the Dr. Squid mailer.

Finally had time to work on the second half of TAINTED BLOOD tonight. Fixed some mis-aligned sound clips and added back in a few fade-outs that had disappeared when I transferred the files from the old computer to the new one. I am thrilled to death because I managed to get each part to export to a MiniDV master tape without any stutters, glitches, sound drop-outs or anything! After I make a back-up master tape, I'm going to try and edit together the "New Neighbor" segment for TWISTED FATES. Poor Ron Ford has been waiting since 2003 to see this segment, which he directed and stars in, put together. Once that's together, I'll move back to DEADLY PREMONITIONS. Knock on wood.

All this plus saw a bit of a friend's Karaoke show and saw THE HUMAN GENOME PROJECT (http://www.myspace.com/thehumangenomeproject) play in a local bar. They did the soundtrack to DECRYPTER, which I played a tiny role in. I also went to a friend's son's 5th birthday party (cosmic bowling!), mowed the lawn, trimmed some trees, watched FIRST BLOOD on AMC, dug the latest episode of SUPERGROUP on VH1, finished watching PARADIES LOST: CHILD MURDERS AT ROBIN HOOD, and watched ZONTAR THE THING FROM VENUS and THE EYE CREATURES!

I mentioned this book to Tim Shrum (of the LOST IN SCHLOCK site) the other day.



It's from 1976 and I think I got it from the Bookmobile that came to Fleetwood Elementary School in scenic Mt. Laurel, New Jersey. Either that or I ordered it through the Scholastic Book Club. I think I'd like to try doing my son up as some of these monsters this summer. We'll see if it works out...

Gotta go and see how much more I can get done before getting to bed.

1 comment:

Da Weave said...

What a blast from the past it is to see that book cover, thanks' for posting that. I originally got that through the Weekly Reader.

OK HW

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...