Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Much To Do, Much To Do

So it's been a while and I have been very busy.

Last week Tom Stedham flew out from Alabama to star in a horror flick called THE BLOOD CREEK WOODSMAN. John Bowker wrote and produced it and he asked me to shoot and direct it. Rob Merickel came on board to play the deputy as well as do make-up and special effects and my BLOODSUCKING REDNECK VAMPIRES partner Mike Hegg picked up a sweet new HD camera and allowed us to use it for the shoot.

I was a crazy few weeks of planning, storyboarding, asking for favors, borrowing and buying props, designing logos, costumes, etc. Then it was a crazy week of shooting. I totally blew the scheduling and we were behind from day one. We had to have a bit of a pow wow and thankfully a few actors and actresses could make it for an additional day. We also pushed even more stuff off to sometime in September, adding to several sequences we had already planned to pick up then.



Great performances and some real magic captured on tape. Life has also been busy at home and work has been a killer, both before I took the week off and now that I have returned.


We capped off the week with a premiere of DEADLY PREMONITIONS at the Northern Lights Theater Pub in Salem, Oregon. It was extra special because Tom Stedham could be there for it, being out from Alabama for the movie shoot and all. We screened a nearly perfect DVD-r, that only really needed one scene's lighting tweaked and some sound fixed. Everyone said the thing looked finished to them. Because of those last few tweaks, I didn't have copies for everyone, so will have to take care of that in the coming months.

Several folks were taking pics during the shoot, so I'll try to look at them as well as my own and then put a bunch up here on the blog.

You may notice my snazzy blog design is gone - I had some bandwidth issues with my website host, so have taken a bunch of files down temporarily so they can track traffic and see if it's just someone hotlinking to some of my stuff or if by some weird fluke I am actualy getting TONS of traffic to the site. In the meantime, I've reverted back to this green motif that I like quite a bit.

Going to be travelling a bit in the next few weeks as well as getting back to some of my other movie projects and planning for the September shoots for BLOOD CREEK WOODSMAN.

More soon...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...