Monday, January 23, 2012

DOB 2?

Last year, I was talking to Tom Shaffer, who played Dr. Mobius in my half-hour sci-fi horror movie DIMENSION OF BLOOD back in 1995.



He had delivered a pizza to a woman who bore a striking resemblance to the character of Leroy the janitor in DOB, and Tom suggested that I make a sequel featuring this woman as Leroy's long lost sister or something.


(Brian, who played Leroy, along with Brenda and Tom behind the scenes of Dimension of Blood)

At the time I was neck-deep in projects and said that I just didn't have the time.

He replied, "Well, you should let ME make it."

I thought about it for a moment. I have long had an idea for a sequel or more accurately, an idea for a remake of the first one with a second and third act added. But I hadn't really made any moves towards making that and wasn't sure I ever would. Considering that it would be 'interesting" to see how he would interpret the world and mythos I had created year ago, I said, "Why not?"

Tom worked on writing, casting, directing and editing his 40-minute sequel to DOB over many months and we finally had a little premiere party for it at his house late last year.

Since then, Tom has continued to write some spin-off shorts that are set in this DOB2 world that he's created. That's kind of far out!

Here are a few screen caps from DOB 2:





Meanwhile, I spent some time last year remastering three of my early flicks, including Dimension of Blood, with the intention of putting them out on a DVD together. It's a bit of a back burner project right now, but I hope to get it done sometime in the first half of this year.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...