Monday, July 16, 2012

BLOOD CREEK DARK BITE BLOODY RED SMASH OR TRASH

Robert over at Smash or Trash Indie Filmmaking posted a nifty update on my recently completed and in-the-works projects at http://smashortrashindiefilmmaking.com/?p=1496
 

Making slow progress on the re-edit of the DARK BITE segment for BENEATH A DEAD MOON. After looking at the raw footage Hi8 tapes that were discovered in the director's attic, I decided to go with my original plan of re-editing the short from scratch. It sucks that I'd already done a done of tweaking/fixing/sprucing-up on what I thought was going to be the best original I'd have access to (an edited version on 3/4" tape), including doing all new music. But, truthfully, this way the footage will look better and I'll be able to change a few things I had hoped to change about the edit. Plus the soundtrack will just have to be massaged a bit to conform to the ned edit. At the tail end of trimming clips.

 

Meanwhile, I am just about done with my scenes for BLOODY RED LIPS OF BLOOD, the shot-on-VHS 'old school' feature. However, Tom has run into a bunch of roadblocks trying to get his half of the movie done. I'm jumping in and trying to see if I can manage to pull the people and schedules together to get this crazy, sleazy, ridiculous, throw-back monster schlockfest finished!
Had another great editing session on BLOOD CREEK WOODSMAN with Mike and we've made it through the opening sequences. Great bloody kills so far and I'm really excited to see this thing coming together.

 

Bit by bit...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...