Sunday, October 24, 2010

Don Leifert, 1950-2010



I've written about my love of The Alien Factor and Don Dohler in the past. I just found out that one of Don's frequent actors, Don Leifert, passed away this weekend.

Don Leifert had a William Shatner-esque delivery that I always felt matched the characters he was playing.

I first saw him as Ben Zachary in The Alien Factor. He also had roles in Dohler's Nightbeast and Galaxy Invader and the title role in Fiend. Dohler's 2004 sci-fi movie Crawler is still in post for CGI effects with the Timewarp Films folks and Leifert apparently had a role in it playing a character named...Zachary. Can't wait to check it out.

Until this spring, Leifert was a theater teacher at Towson High School in Towson, Maryland. Judging from the comments on the Don Leifert Appreciation Group Facebook page, his students loved him.

R.I.P.

1 comment:

Hal Weaver said...

Sad news indeed. I watched "Fiend" for the first time last year. What a weird, memorable flick. R.I.P.

OK HW

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...