As expected, life has been filled with holiday and home-commitments as of late, but I have managed a few movie-related things...
There was some confusion with the release forms for TAINTED BLOOD, but after I found my copies, copied them and mailed them off, I heard that the originals had been found after all. Oh well, at least things are moving ahead on the anthology it will be a part of.
I printed up 100 direct-mail pieces to mail out to the ol' Dr. Squid mailing list of past buyers and interested folks. It's an 11 x 17 piece folded over, then folded in thirds, tabbed, labelld and stamped, so ti's taken a couple of days to get it all together. Hoping that since TRAILER PARK DOUBLE WIDE TRILOGY OF TERROR will be new to most of these folks (I did a small postcard mailing over the summer, but this is a much bigger mailing) and this time I will be directed them to buy BLOODSUCKING REDNECK VAMPIRS from me instead of from b-movie.com directly, it will result in some sales, which will help offset various productions and post-production costs on current projects. Oh, I also updated, added to and repriced (as is discounted) my list of comic books, magazines and assorted videos for sale and included that as well. We'll see if anyone is interested...
I've been working on a prop for a vampire short I'm going to have someone shoot for me. I originally went to the Dollar Tree to see if I could find a toy camera that would look halfway professional. All I could find was a boxy instamatic type on, but picked it up anyway. In hindsight I didn't even need the camera, I could've just started with a box, but it's only a dollar. Over the last couple of days, I duct taped a few round rings leftover from one of my son's toys (they had plastic parts on them and you pulled them off like parts of a model kit, leaving the plastic rings to be discarded) to the front to create a decent-looking lens portion. I also taped on a small plasic box (that previously held the suntanning goggles that "Tulsa" wore in BLOODSUCKING REDNECK VAMPIRES) to the side as sort of a handle/battery pack kind of thing. Additionally, I found an empty individual serving pancake syrup comtainer, like the ones you get at restaurants, and attached it to the top to use as the "flash" portion. I painted the whole thing with black laytex paint, which helped hide the tape lines a tad and today plan to finish it off by plainting it with black spray paint (to get int he nooks and crannies and give it a nice shine) and adding a plastic container lid "lens" to the very front. I'm hoping that as long as there are no cloe-ups of the prop in the short, the audience will never really think that the camera isn't real. Man, am I cheap!
I also finished dubbing off the DEADLY PREMONITIONS raw footage from miniDV to VHS for scene logging.
Also have done some work trying to get articles/interviews together for www.b-movie.com's DARK GALLERY e-zine. I think everyone is out of town for the holidays, though!
Hoping to begin on the mummy mask & costume for a DR. PUDDING'S MONSTER FILES segment today, but will have to see how the day unfolds.
Didn't get much sleep last night. I need some aspirin. See you next year.