Friday, December 16, 2005

Saw III

My grandmother passed away last Friday after a battle with cancer. Sad, sad times. She had a number of hobbies and talents and was always ready with a joke. She also played the saw. Sometime earlier this year, I asked her to play for my 8-year-old son and I. Always having movie ideas floating around in the back of my head, I thought it would be cool to feature her and her saw-playing in a movie sometime. Maybe some kids are on a road trip and stop one night to stay with someone's grandmom, who tells a hilarous off-color joke and then later plays the saw for them. I envisioned the characters laughing under their breath at the notion, but then being stunned at the otherwordly and kind of creepy sounds she could produce. Perhaps the music would reappear later in the movie or become an underlying theme for a number of melodies as the movie progressed.

But now I'll never be able to do that.

Damn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear,my friend :(

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I'll send good vibes your way. (((HUGS)))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...