Monday, June 13, 2005

Mason Jars

Did you know that those jars used for home canning are named "Mason" after John L. Mason, the inventor of the first common canning jar? Neither did I. Oh, the wonders of the internet!

Was working today at lunch on that script I shouldn't be working on (reminds me of 'The Thing That Should Not Be!') and came up with a nifty little plot device centered around mason jars. I say "shouldn't be working on" because I should be working on DEADLY PREMONITIONS instead. See my earlier "Man of A Thousand Ideas" posting.

Gotta get moving on TRAILER PARK DOUBLE WIDE TRILOGY OF TERROR - need to get sleeves printed, pick a price point and try and sell as many as I can before the VISA bill for the DVD-R duplication comes in!

3 comments:

John Oak Dalton said...

Don't forget the Ball jar!

John

Anonymous said...

Here in Oklahoma, all I have seen are Ball Jars and not Mason. Maybe it's a regional thing.

One interesting sidenote about Mason Jars is that back in the 80's I remember as a kid reading a article from a supposed parapsychologist who claimed you could trap ghosts with the use of a mason jar and a tootsie roll. I think it was in some rag like the Weekly World News or something.

Joe Sherlock said...

Initially I thought that "Mason" was a brand name and since it is only mentioned int he script at that point in the movie, not seen yet, I didn't know how else to identify it (canning jar sounded odd). But upon my initial internet searches, Mason seems to be used as a term, not a brand name. At least it's used widely enough that I'm not worried about someone suing me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...