Thursday, July 21, 2005

Balls in the Air

Finally got the remainder of the TRAILER PARK DOUBLE WIDE TRILOGY OF TERROR DVD-Rs mailed out on Monday to cast who've moved away and some fellow filmmakers I trade flicks with.

I mailed out about 50 postcards last week to folks who have bought my crazy movies in the past. I was pretty stringent on sorting the list this time - there are plenty of folks who bought something several years ago but have bought nothing since. They'll remain on the list for a big newsletter mailing where I'm pimping everything I've got on the off-chance they'll see something they like (which has happened more than once), but for now I stuck with recent buyers and a few cult video shops.

Meanwhile, I still haven't heard from my out-of-town actor to confirm that he is still flying out for the DEADLY PREMONITIONS shoot. He was in the path of Hurricane Dennis, but I would hope he would've been able to contact me by now. Hmmm...

The good news is that I've cast a few great people for DEADLY PREMONITIONS: Robert J. Olin is cast as Detective Newman and Amira, who I last worked with on TRAILER PARK TRILOGY (see picture below) and MONSTER IN THE GARAGE waaaaaay back in the 90s (!), has accepted the lead role of Carrie.



I worked a tiny bit last night on the pool monster head for DR. PUDDING'S MONSTER FILES: hope to get some more time in on that tonight.

The vampire-themed short I mentioned the other day is in limbo right now. As always happens with casting, it's feast or famine. I had lots of trouble finding a guy and a girl for it then all of a suddent I had two couples! Now one of them had flaked out, but the actor might be able to find someone else. Luckily the producer has given me more time, so stay tuned...

So many balls in the air...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...