Thursday, October 02, 2008

Make-Up Monsters



I have had this book by Marcia Lynn Cox since I was in elementary school in the 70s - I think I got it through the scholastic book club. Love this book. I have to admit, I have only tried the skull face make-up on myself (on my last trick or treat - more on that in a later post). It's great because it is very kid-friendly, has lots of step by step photos of young kids getting made up, and very easy to understand instructions. One of these days I want to try doing the bug-eyed frog guy one...

3 comments:

Michael said...

Dr. Squid,
I'm totally obsessed by vintage Monster make-up books. I don't suppose you have any urges to supply you public with full size scans from this book, do you? It would be enormously appreciated. Great blog ya got here. -Mike

Dr. Squid said...

Hmmm...I will have to see if I can find time to do that one of these days. Good idea!

Anonymous said...

I love this book and it still sits in my book case. I was the Wolfman at least 3 times, Dracula and Skull face. This reminds me of all the great Halloween moments of my childhood, both tricks and treats.

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...