Thursday, April 30, 2009

Platoon of the Dead Production Diary - November 2


Seventh Day of Shooting - Another day of shooting at Marie's house and we are starting to get loopy. The long days and lack of sleep are catching up with all of us.


A few of the cast members are dealing with college finals this week, and some are catching cat naps on the floor between set-ups (like Amanda, above). John and I have started laughing a few times over tiny things and have not been able to stop for a while. The worst was that I ended up shooting for a good 45 minutes on a big scene in the living room with the wrong lighting set-up (day vs. night). I flipped out when I realized it and felt horrible about it but we had so few people trying to do so many things a slip up was bound to happen. John chatted with me outside and I convinced him to let me re-light and start over, noting that since we'd already run through it, we'd worked the kinks out and could catch up to get back on schedule. And that is just what we did.


Earlier we shot Ariauna's barfing scene. John made up a mix of graham crackers and water and boy did it look gross!


Ariauna made a special point that she would do the scene but didn't want to see it! Obviously, everyone else did!


Michele, Tom and Jesus.


Tom Stedham wonders to himself, "Why the hell am I here?"


Tom makes fire to keep us warm in the shop.


Ariauna loves a man with a cup full of pudding.


My wife drove out to put the lasagna in the oven for dinner and boy was it good!






Afterwards, Tom had to be made up as a zombie soldier again, and boy did he not like getting made-up again!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...